Sunday, June 14, 2009

Definition: Atom Bombed

A couple of shockers in my family made me reflect back on an issue that effected me and my wife with her family. I am not going to go into the details of the issue, but it makes me think about the whole forgivness thing. Sometimes there are actions we do to one another that seriously cause emotional scarring, damaged relations, or outright outrage. Of course, over time we find ways to forgive and move on.

Some actions, though, are pretty deep. These can be the type that seriously ruin the bond between family members, spouses, and friends forever. These are the kind of actions that even though the wounds have healed, the memory is still there. Such an amaing thing memories are; the four-dimensional representation of an event are permanently captured, locked up in the storage centers of our mind. What is even more amazing is, depending on the intesity of the event, the feelings still remain in tact as well.

I guess that is why some people never want to redress a topic, remember an event, or move on with their lives. Some people continually reflect to try and find out the why instead of the how. The how is usually the easiest of solving. It can be accomplished by standard deductive reasoning. The why is not so easy. It is typically related to human behaviour and that is about as complex as they get. No one can read another's mind to deduce why and event took place. There are too many possible outtakes on the event horizon of life. People tend to do what they see fit.

Regardless, these people have been atom bombed by another. No matter how far down the road of time you go, these people will still remain jaded, remembering the event as if it were yesterday.

I use this term as in Japan, they were atom bombed in WWII. The cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki have been repaired and are thriving. I know, I have been to both on business. Yet the wounds to the people are still deep and have passed onward to new generations. I know this well as I was stuck in Tokyo on the 6th and 9th of August in 2004, during a typhoon. The people still marched and protested in the streets after all those decades past.

That is why I use the term "atom bombed" to describe some events that have just devastated people's lives.

I can understand why they are the way they are. It is almost irreversible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep any and all commentary in good taste.

Please use good grammar. Proof read before submitting.
Remember: Measure twice, cut once.

Remember: this is around for a long time. Hopefully, no one will be running for office where your graphic comments may come to sink your campaign.