Friday, July 3, 2009

Updates

Yes, the economy sucks.

Yes, the Democrats are finding new and more efficient ways to vote in their oligarchy as a means to control all of us, or somehow start a civil war that leaves them all dead or something.

I have been just too damn busy to complete a draft of anything I have written. In an environment where cash is king and the only way to earn it is to be or build the better mouse trap, I have pretty much been canvassing all the companies out there to peddle my wares.

My wares. I peddle capital equipment, engineering services, and products used to make the stuff we need on a daily basis. This is my business, my expertise. Funny, about three months ago I had about three customers left, the others had gone out of business or laid everyone off. Then, I took on a business line from a couple of colleagues who needed steady paychecks. You see, selling/shlepping/pounding the pavement requires a certain dedication. These guys easily could do it, and probably would when the economy gets better...somehow. It is straight commision. For those who may not understand: you get nothing unless you sell something. I now have access to many other industries that I never had previously. Diversification: That is was it is ALL about.

RULE 1: Never let your business cater to ONE customer or ONE industry, EVER. Always be as diversified as possible. That is your main goal.

I never was a great salesman, but over the years I learned how to sell myself through proxies-other products that made my company and the stuff I sell seem worthwhile.

Now, I see some upticks. Mostly because I have taken on so many new ares of opportunity.

But that is what it is all about: entrepreneuralism, independance, growth.

I am not about to let a bunch of floppy dongs take that away from me.

And, as I grow in business, I will hire more people and teach them the RULES.

So, I have added my lovely wife, Disco Hellion, to this blog. She will add some additional thoughts and some of her art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep any and all commentary in good taste.

Please use good grammar. Proof read before submitting.
Remember: Measure twice, cut once.

Remember: this is around for a long time. Hopefully, no one will be running for office where your graphic comments may come to sink your campaign.